Have you ever had white flakes in your hair? Have you tried to hide or treat it? Are you ashamed of the way it looks?
What is dandruff?
Dandruff is a chronic, mildly inflammatory scalp condition that causes excessive scaling. It is a cosmetic concern with social impacts. It is a chronic scaly dermatosis disorder that affects the topmost layer of the skin (Epidermis), with scales as the major symptom.
It could be caused by a variety of factors, including irritated skin; oily or dry skin; a yeast-like fungus (Malassezia) that feeds on scalp oils; Other skin disorders, like psoriasis, and eczema; Sensitivity to hair products (contact dermatitis).
- Non-pharmacological management: Washing the hair and scalp with a non-medicated shampoo every other day or daily is usually enough to control mild-moderate dandruff.
- Pharmacological management: Using a shampoo containing
✓ Cytostatic Agents being Pyrithione Zinc, Selenium Sulfide, or Coal Tar.
✓ Keratolytic Agents are Salicylic Acid, Ketoconazole, or Sulfur.
- Try Exfoliating Your Scalp.
- Home remedies like diluted apple cider vinegar can be really effective!
- Don’t be hesitant to seek medical advice; we’re here to help!