Hair loss is one of the major issues that adults encounter daily without knowing the reason behind it, especially females. In fact, there are medical and psychological reasons that will be discussed in this blog.
Statistics show that men lose 35 million men and 20 million women are suffering from hair loss which starts at age 35 for men, especially those who need intervention.
The normal range for hair loss 100 to 150 hairs are lost every day which is in the normal range while excessive shedding needs intervention.
- Iron deficiency
- Biotin & protein deficiency
- Decreased thyroid hormone
- Vitamin D deficiency
Tips to decrease loss
- Firstly, you should consult your doctor or dermatologist to get diagnosed and run blood tests to reveal the vitamin deficient
- Having a balanced diet is important, it is recommended to include eggs, red meat, green vegetables, fish & soybeans.
- Increase water intake
- Including iron tablets & multivitamins in your diet is important to decrease hair shedding
- Brushing hair while wet increases hair fall, it is recommended to brush it when moist and start from down to up gently
- If you were diagnosed with hypothyroidism, the doctor will prescribe suitable medicine for your case to treat the cause.
Products you can shop at Al Thiqa Pharmacies
- Iron tablets with vitamin C that enhance iron absorption should be taken after lunch for iron-deficient patients
- Biotin supplements are recommended if you have a biotin deficiency. 1 tablet should be taken after food.
- Boost your hair with multivitamins to enhance your hair look. One tablet of Perfectil should be taken after food for 3 months at least to have the best results.