An acute respiratory infection, caused by the influenza virus. Some people don’t deal seriously with this infection though it may lead to hospitalization and death, especially for patients who have other medical problems such as respiratory problems, pregnancy, young people & infants, elderly people, etc…, influenza cases are in all seasons but they increase in the winter and cold weather. The duration of flu symptoms may range from 5 to 14 days according to patient immunity, age, etc. It transfers from the infected person through air, cough, and touching (mouth, eyes, and nose).
Symptoms of seasonal flu
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Muscle & joint pain
Treatment of seasonal flu
- Panadol cold & flu
- Chloraseptic or Strepsils
Note: Don’t take all of these medications, you should take one or some of them according to the symptoms and preferences.
- Drink a lot of water
- Drink hot drinks
- Eat vitamin-rich food (citrus fruit, strawberry, red, green peppers, and broccoli)
How to protect yourself against infection?
- Wash your face and hands frequently.
- Protect yourself from the infected person.
- Eat healthy food.
- Wear your mask in crowded areas and use alcohol and sanitizer.
- Clean your things before use.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes, and nose.
- Take the flu vaccine.