Biotin (Vitamin B7), also known as Vitamin H, is an essential vitamin that our body needs for proper functioning, yet it cannot produce it on its own.
Not having a proper amount of Biotin can cause so many health problems that can only be resolved by increasing your Biotin intake.
What are the roles of Biotin in your body?
- Biotin helps in Keratin production, which is an essential component for hair, nails, and skin health. Lots of people are suffering from hair loss and breakage caused by a deficiency in Biotin.
- It helps in energy production.
- It helps regulate nerve signals.
Who is at risk of having Biotin deficiency?
- People who suffer from IBD (Inflammatory bowel disease).
- People who aren’t getting proper nutrition, since food is a great source of Biotin.
- Alcoholics, since alcohol reduces the absorption of Biotin.
- People who have BTD (Biotinidase deficiency), which is a genetic disorder that makes the body incapable of reusing Biotin.
- Pregnant, or breastfeeding women.
How can you fix your deficiency?
- Many types of food are great sources of Biotin, including eggs, beef liver, spinach, white mushrooms, oats, and more!
- Supplements are a great source as well, check out Provita Biotin tablets!