Do you know what Ramadan is? Have you ever tried fasting? Do you want to learn more about fasting and its benefits?
Fasting is defined as not eating or drinking for a specified period for health, religious, ritualistic, or ethical reasons. The refraining might be completely or partially, long or short, continuous or intermittent.
- Fasting makes you appreciate food and drinks more.
- It can help people with diabetes or prediabetes regulate their blood sugar levels and improve their insulin sensitivity.
- Aerobic activity, such as running, swimming, or bicycling, can assist to decrease cholesterol and abdominal fat when fasting.
- Fasting improved mood, alertness, and subjective well-being, perhaps lowering depression and improving cognitive performance.
- Fasting has been demonstrated to help obese and healthy individuals lose weight while maintaining lean body mass.
- Avoid over-eating to prevent stomach cramps and acid reflux.
- When fasting, ask your doctor for a modified medication schedule.
- Eat more fruits, especially ones high in water.