Winter is associated with the celebrations of National Day and the beginning of the new year, but nothing is perfect, as winter is also associated with sneezing, coughs, and influenza which affect the celebrations and daily tasks that we perform. The good news is that flu prevention is possible and enjoy the festive season with a few simple steps.
Why does the flu bother us?
Or in other words “why you should follow flu prevention tips”. The influenza virus is mainly spread by some droplets that carry the virus and spread into the air when infected people cough, sneeze or talk.
Despite this, influenza problems are not limited to the fact that it is an infectious disease and that infected people should avoid mixing with others. But the symptoms themselves cause a lot of fatigue and affect the daily tasks that the patient performs and even force him to stay at home. Flu symptoms include:
- A fever that is often high
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat and runny or stuffy nose
- Extreme tiredness and muscle pain
You may notice other symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, but they are more common in kids.
Flu prevention tips
The following tips will help you learn about the different ways you can take to protect yourself and others from the flu and help stop the spread of germs.
- Avoid contact with people with influenza. Also, when you are sick keep a distance between you and others to protect them from infection.
- Staying home when you are sick -if possible- will help prevent your illness from spreading to others.
- Cover the mouth and nose. Don’t forget to cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Influenza spreads mainly through droplets produced by an infected person’s coughing, sneezing, or speaking.
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs can settle on different surfaces and a person can become infected when they touch those surfaces and then touch their eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work, or school, especially when someone is sick.
- Get enough sleep, exercise, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food.
- Hand washing. Hand washing helps protect you from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
However, the best way to prevent the flu virus is to get a flu shot every year. You can get the vaccination at Al thiqa pharmacy now.