Acne may have a negative impact on adolescent confidence, and they may rely heavily on cosmetics to conceal their pimples or avoid engaging in social activities, such as going out with friends. It affects both the physical and emotional health of the sufferers.
What is acne?
It is a skin condition that can cause one or more of the following:
- Abscesses or nodules.
Causes of acne
It occurs when your pores become clogged, and the type you get depends on what clogs your pores. Although the exact cause of why certain people are more prone to it is unknown, several studies blame hormones. Especially that many people get it in their teens, as androgens hormone increases the oil glands size in the skin then these glands begin to produce more oils, which can clog pores.
Does it only affect young people?
Young people are more likely to get acne, however it can affect all ages, for example:
- Some newborns develop infantile acne, fortunately, it disappears on its own without causing scars.
- Some children develop it in childhood.
- Women who had a breakout as teens may still have breakouts as adults.
- Some women develop acne for the first time after their teenage years.
4 factors that make the condition worse
- Sleeping for fewer hours than usual.
- Use of cosmetics and skincare products that contain oils.
- Use hair products that contain oil.