Do you feel nauseous, especially in the morning? Do you feel more tired than usual or do you want to sleep more? Could you be pregnant? The fastest and best solution is to use a home pregnancy test to find out the answer to the question. Read this article to know some tips that will help you get the most accurate results.
Is a home pregnancy test accurate?
A home pregnancy test measures the level of a hormone in the urine (HCG) that is released six days after a fertilized egg has been implanted in the uterus, usually, this hormone is secreted during pregnancy only. When used correctly, home pregnancy tests are 97-99% accurate.
Tips for using a home pregnancy test correctly
We just knew that using the test correctly helps to increase the accuracy of the results, so follow these tips when doing the test:
- Take the test on the first day of the late period, as taking the test early may affect the results.
- Take the test early in the morning and use the first urine sample for the test. The test may be more accurate at this time because morning urine often contains a higher concentration of HCG.
- Point the tip to the urine stream for 5 to 10 seconds. If it is one of the types that need to collect urine in a collection cup, it is preferable to urinate in the cup and then insert the tip into the cup for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Check the result after a few minutes. Note that the result time and method vary according to the test brand.
- Follow the method of use written on the test and learn how to read the results and the meaning of the marks that appear on the results screen.
- Repeat the test in a few days if you got negative results, you may have taken the test too early; The hormone increases gradually during pregnancy.
If your results show that you are pregnant, you should schedule an appointment with your doctor to confirm the results by performing a physical examination and/or blood test and to monitor the pregnancy. He may also advise you about some vitamins such as Provita prenatal to enjoy a healthy pregnancy.
- The results are incorrect if the control line doesn’t appear, then ignore the results and repeat the test with a new device.
- Store pregnancy tests at normal room temperature, and avoid exposure to direct sunlight and moisture.
- Check the expiry date of the test before using it.
- Immediately dispose of the urine sample after completion and wash your hands after using the test.
Where do you get a home pregnancy test?
You can buy pregnancy test kits from Al thiqa pharmacy, where we have several brands and their prices vary according to your need.
Finally, you can read more about the early symptoms of pregnancy.